Become a Knight
Who Can Join?
Member in the Knights of Columbus is open to men 18 years of age or older and who are practical Catholics. A practical Catholic accepts the teaching authority of the Catholic Church on matters of faith and morality, aspires to live in accordance with the precepts of the Catholic Church, and is in good standing with the Church.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of the Knights of Columbus you and your family enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A Fraternal Brotherhood of over 1.9 million across the world.
- 12 free issues annually of Columbia magazine, the world's largest Catholic family magazine.
- Eligibility to join one of the largest insurance programs in the United States with more than $100 Billion of life insurance in force. Options include Life Insurance, Retirement Annuities, and more.
- An opportunity to give back to your local community, support the charities and organizations you care about, and share these experiences with your family, especially your children.
- Scholarship Programs for higher education available to members, their spouses, and their children.
- A circle of fellow catholic men to share each other's faith and enrich each other's lives through service and support of their local parish and local community.
How do I Join?
Joining the Knights of Columbus in Massachusetts could not be easier! At the bottom of this page is a convenient Web Application for members. You can also access the form by clicking here.
Application for membership is most commonly made to a council in the community nearest the applicant’s place of residence. Applicants temporarily away from home, such as those in the military, may apply either through their hometown council, the council on the military base to which they are assigned or another council in a community near them.
Acceptance of the application depends on an admissions process at the council you wish to join. At the conclusion of the application process, an applicant becomes a member by initiation in what is called the First Degree. Subsequently he may advance through the Second and Third degrees.
There are modest initiation fees and annual dues set by your local council in accordance with regulations established by the Supreme Council. Priests and religious brothers who have applied for membership and attended the ceremonials become honorary life members and are exempt from the payment of dues.
Have Questions about Membership?
Supreme KOfC Application Portal
Click the Logo of the Supreme Council Knights of Columbus to submit an application for Membership through their portal.
You will have the opportunity to declare your preference for a council if you have one.
Use the contact form above if you have questions on membership in the Massachusetts Knights of Columbus or want information on a council that is right for you.